In 2020, I moved away from watching lots of films to reading lots of books and joining Bookstagram. So this year, my Goodreads challenge went from 50 books per year to managing to read over 200.
Here are some of my 2021 reading stats:
– The Burning Girls by CJ Tudor
– Dune by Frank Herbert
– A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
– This Time Next Year by Sophie Cousens
– Last Breath by Karin Slaughter
Most read author
– Karin Slaughter, followed closely by Taylor Jenkins Reid (although I don’t own any of her physical books!)
Favourite new author
– CJ Tudor – I made it my mission to read all of her books this year and I loved them all!
An author I look forward to reading more of in 2022
– Colleen Hoover – After two five-star reads this year, her other books are a top priority for me now!
– The Last House On Needless Street by Catriona Ward and The Appeal by Janice Hallett
A book I’m glad I finally got to
– The Binding by Bridget Collins
A series I’m looking forward to continuing in 2022
– Caraval by Stephanie Garber
Books that surprised me:
– The Tattooist Of Auschwitz by Heather Morris and The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah – I always get scared by historical fiction and was worried that these would be too heavy for me to enjoy, but I absolutely loved them both!
– Mysterious, dark and intense (Just how I like it!)
Most read genre:
– Thriller (of course!)
And here’s how my 2021 challenge went:
Please Leave A Comment